1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you’re looking forward to in this season of the year.
We are taking my dad whale watching this Saturday to celebrate his 80th birthday! I love that we live where the whales migrate every spring, and I’m truly praying that we actually get to see some on Saturday!
2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside? Any of these tasks recently completed?
We have some really really high windows that never get washed – so if I had a ladder tall enough, I would LOVE to wash those windows. Or hire someone to do it. I’d rather clean out the garage, because it always seems like it needs to be done, and since our laundry is in the garage, I see the mess often and it drives me crazy! I’d rather dust the ceiling fans, and wipe down the patio furniture.
Most recently I cleaned out the garage, but all of the other items are on my “to do” list.
3. Your favorite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Sour cream? Whipped cream?
Cream cheese – can’t go wrong with cheese cake!
Sour cream – I have a yummy chicken sour cream enchilada recipe!
Whipped cream – topped with strawberries, fresh lemon zest, and blueberries… yummmmm!
4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?
Definitely worchestershire! Stumble like a drunk sailor over that one every time!
5. What’s a song you love with the word ‘rain’ in the title or lyrics?
Bring the Rain by Mercy Me... just listen to the lyrics.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubby and I took our youngest to see “I Can Only Imagine” the other day. It is the story behind the song by Mercy Me. I’ll admit I’m not always a huge fan of movies with a Christian theme, mainly because they tend to be either poorly acted or poorly directed… but let me say, this movie was neither of those. It was very well written, well acted, and conveyed the story well without being overly orchestrated. Absolutely fantastic – I highly recommend it!
Side note – hubby and I were in Dallas last month and heard Mercy Me in concert, and at the end for the encore they brought out Dennis Quaid, who played Bart’s dad in the movie! He just happened to be in the area and surprised them! (You could tell it was a surprise because he hadn’t been sound checked or anything – couldn’t really hear him!) He came out and played a song that he had written for his grandmother – it was beautiful, and made for a cool end to a fantastic evening! Oh, and I highly recommend Mercy Me’s newest album, Lifer… fantastic lyrics and melodies that I have been singing every day since the concert!