So are we the only ones to get addicted to a show after it has already “Been there and done that ” for a really long time? Tonight we watched our first episode of Grey’s Anatomy. I know… I know… and so now we are hooked. Don’t you dare tell us any spoilers… but I’ve got to say, it’s nice to know we can watch a show from beginning to end and not have to wait for the next episode! Except that we’ll be the only ones saying “Oh my gosh can you believe so and so didn’t do this with that guy” and you’ll all be, like, “Oh that was SO five seasons ago”! oh well…
1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
Absolutely… so much can be said in just a single picture. I’ve been struck silent, brought to tears by a single picture… no caption… just the heartstrings strumming away.
2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?
I grew up in California, and live here now, so yes, the PCH is well known to me! (I can actually drive the PCH to work if I want to!) I absolutely love it… the California coast is so amazing – huge cliffs, gorgeous waves and sand, sea lions, otters, whales… I really did miss it when we were stationed elsewhere.
3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?
Living here in southern California, we don’t have much change in seasons… but I’ve always loved the spring. In Idaho, I didn’t like the winter, because it was SO long… and the wind was so cold it would go straight through your bones. But even here in mild-temp CA, I love planting bulbs in the fall and seeing them poke their heads up in the spring. I like the long days of summer, the gorgeous sunsets in the fall, and yes, being able to go down to the beach 365 days a year.
4. It’s your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?
Ooh… for an appetizer, Oysters Rockefeller
Dinner… Roasted duck! With garlic mashed potatoes! And carmelized carrots or bacon string beans, and a really soft dinner roll and an amazing Chardonnay to drink!
Dessert – fresh berries and light shortcake with homemade whipped cream, garnished with lemon zest and mint. Yummm…
Nope, don’t lie about my age… it’s all good.
5. What’s a life lesson you’ve learned recently?
To stop and pause before taking on an obligation that I’m not sure I have to take on.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve got a blog brewing in my head… it has been there for several weeks now. I had an encounter with a local homeless person and it impacted me… granted, where I work I come in regular contact with the homeless. Not all interactions are pleasant… but this one, it made me think. I just need the time to sit down and write it all down. Because it matters.