1. ‘Slow and steady wins the race’…tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
Oh, we are homeowners now. Which means that as far as our visions for making this house more modern go, yeah, it’s going to be slow and steady!
2. ‘As slow as molasses’…Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What’s your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what’s your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
Gotta go with caramel. Every time. And my favorite recipe is my mother-in-law’s Carmelitas – oats, butter, chocolate chips, caramel, oh yeah… good stuff!
3. Your favorite slow song?
SO many good ones – but my favorite one is “Open Arms” by Journey. (Also “Faithfully” by Journey. And anything by Air Supply. (there’s a reason why our youth pastor warned us about listening to Air Supply alone with a member of the opposite sex before we were married. Just saying.)
But, back to Open Arms, which is what came to mind first – In case you have forgotten which one that is, you can swoon to it here!
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
Chicken tortilla soup!
5. ‘You may delay, but time will not.’ ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
It depends what it is – if it has to do with a personal relationship, then I will take care of it quickly because I don’t like conflict in relationships. Filing and monotonous things like, er, taxes… yeah, I delay. Because, ewww.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
1) my children doing their laundry
2) tourist traffic
3) financial stability
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you’ll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you’d like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I do consider myself crafty – but I simply don’t have much time for it anymore unfortunately. I would LOVE to have the skills to install crown moulding in my house, make our fireplace really cool, and the list goes on.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can’t believe how long I sat watching this
… you are welcome. I now need bell bottoms and a teeter totter.