What a whirlwind of a week! – Helped my in-laws settle into their new home – celebrated our youngest child’s birthday (we now have 3 teenagers living at home… Lordhavemercy!) – My sis-in-law came to visit for the weekend – Our eldest son started his first official job as an EMT (with benefits and a 401k to boot! At the age of 19! Craziness!) Softball season began for our daughter… Never a dull moment around here, that’s for sure! So lets take a quick breather and just Hodgepodge!
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven’t been fishing is that something you’d like to try?
In our Pensacola, Florida neighborhood there was a neighborhood pond that they stocked with fish – it was a strictly catch-and-release pond, which was fun for us to take the kids down to. Every once in a while we would catch a turtle, who were less than thrilled about being caught, that’s for sure!
Honestly, rather than catching them, I prefer to see my fishes while snorkeling! I’d love to see a whale in the ocean someday. And yes, I KNOW that whales are mammals, not fish… but you KNOW what I mean!
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait…which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
If I have to chose one, it would probably be “This is a fine kettle of fish” – I’ve been having numbness and tingling in my left wrist and fingers, and the dr believes it is carpal tunnel syndrome. Not a big deal, but an inconvenience – but the treatments are covered by worker’s compensation, which is a blessing, but has its own belabored process of dr referrals and such! Meanwhile, trying to figure out how to still do my job while wearing braces on my wrists should be interesting!
2. What’s something you’re always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
I’m going to have to go with “Jonah” – the Veggietales version!
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Sunrise. I’m optimistic, looking at things in a new light.
5. What’s the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a cute little black dress that I’ve had for years – and yes, it still fits and yes, it is perfect for all of those “little black dress” occasions!
6. We’ve got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What’s been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I don’t know that I need a getaway, but I will say that I would like a break from all of the rain! I know, I know, California has been in a drought and we really really really needed this rain – and it IS incredible, the hills are green again, the snowpack in the mountains is fantastic, it is a blessing. But… there has been a LOT of rain, and I would like to be able to plan my garden and paint my fence and things like that, and just dry out a bit! First world problems. Remind me of this complaint when I’m griping about the heat this summer.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day…will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what’s your favorite JB tune?
Nope, I won’t be celebrating – I don’t drink tequila, after discovering that doing so makes me really really mean. So nope, I avoid it. However, I do enjoy Jimmy Buffet! In fact last week we were at Universal Studios in Hollywood, and they had his concert playing on the big screens, and it was his concert that he did on Period Key in Florida, which is where we lived for years! So we all sat there, singing along with the concert and reminiscing about when we lived there! Good times.
One of my favorite JB songs is actually one that Alan Jackson did with him: “It’s Five-o’clock Somewhere”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well shoot, now I can’t think of anything to write because I’ve got that song stuck in my head! So, here it is – sing along folks!