I spent the weekend up at Big Bear on a middle and high school church retreat. It was the culmination of our Pure Vida series – a view on sexuality from a Biblical perspective. Kinda cool – and being with these kids, hearing the things they are dealing with, playing in the snow, getting away from school and work, it was a lot of fun. But oh man, I’m not twenty anymore! This chick is tired! But, before I turn in, lets Hodgepodge!
1. What’s the last thing you did that someone else thought was super?
Wow, kind of a baggy question! Not sure how to answer this… maybe me taking a meal to a friend in need? Organizing all of the paperwork for our youth retreat last weekend? Spending the weekend with 49 middle and high schoolers? Yeah, lets go with that one!
2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb?
Kirkland Trail Mix. OK, not really, it’s just late at night and that’s what I”m snacking on right now.
3. Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial…pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently.
I’m going with “supersensitive” – call it hormones, call it whatever – my poor family, last week I had a couple days of being uber sensitive – railing against our home that needs upgrades/repairs we can’t afford right now, railing against my job, you know… just stuff. I got over it after a few days, but still! One good thing I realized was that watching HGTV was actually making me cranky, discouraging me instead of inspiring me. So I’ve taken a break from it.
4. Do you love easily? If you’re comfortable doing so, explain why you think that is.
Yes I do, but I’ll admit as I have gotten older I have become a bit more careful about how much I share with people right away.
5. Valentine’s Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you’re celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend?
Other than when we were dating, we don’t really celebrate Valentines Day. My hubs and I are flying up to visit my in-laws the weekend before, my sis-in-law is coming to visit the weekend after, and our youngest turns 13 on the 15th… so it’s a busy but very fun week, even without Valentines Day in the mix!
6. What’s something you are loving right now?
Gilmore Girls. Yes, I know I’m 10 years behind. But I’m loving it. And it’s fun watching it with my teen kiddos.
7 Write a three word (or less) phrase you’d like to see on a Valentine candy heart.
Just Be Nice
8. Insert your own random thought here.
oK, so I know I”m not alone in this… but the Mr Clean Super Bowl ad was fantastic! Go find it on YouTube if you don’t know what I”m talking about. You’re welcome. (Even my hubby agreed that it was spot on!)