It has been a couple of weeks since I’ve Hodgepodged, and I’ve missed it! Enjoy, friends!
1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving).
2. When did you last say, ‘the more the merrier’? Did you mean it?
While i don’t remember the last time I actually said it, it always applies whenever we are having a gathering at our house. I love having lots of people over! I always mean it!
3. What’s one piece of advice you’d give someone who is your same age?
Don’t sweat the small stuff – it’s all small stuff.
4. You’re ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?
Carrots, cucumber, turnips, and cherry tomatoes
5. Shop til you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?
Yes, yes I have shopped till I dropped – especially when I had to drive an hour to the nearest shopping area, like I did in Idaho. You’d make the most of those days – running from Target to the mall to Michaels to Starbucks (because, COFFEE!)… But nope, these days with working full time, I do most of my shopping online.
6. What’s your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?
My favorite chair is my rocking chair. My mother-in-law bought it for me for Mother’s Dad when I was pregnant with my firstborn, and I love it! (And I love that, while we really didn’t have a spot for it in this house, my hubby knew it was important to me and moved the furniture around so it would fit in our bedroom!) He’s a keeper.
7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.
When I was a little girl we had a book called “The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes” – short summaries of Bible stories/lessons with classical art pieces depicting them. And while I didn’t have much of an appreciation for the art at the time, what I remember is being on my dad’s knee as he read them to me, reading to me in his deep voice, asking me the questions about the stories at the end. Classical art or no, I loved that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
To set our hearts in tune with Advent… please take a few minutes to watch THIS.