1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the ‘coolest’ American desert towns as-
Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ
Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
I was born and raised in southern California, not far from Palm Springs, CA – which is where i went for spring break in college (woo hoo!) I’ve also been through St George, Winslow, and Moab… all interesting places for sure, but nowhere I would like to live long term.
2. What’s a plan or project you’ve deserted in the past year?
Scrapbooking. Just. Not. Happening.
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.
Every. Single. Time.
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house…which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain.
“Not a dry eye in the house” – we have a family member who is fighting a tremendous battle, and it is so hard to stand by and not be able to do anything constructive to help… just pray, be there, etc.
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?
I try not to take items to the dry cleaners much – so expensive! But oh, I do like the convenience… when I do, light starch please.
6. What’s a food or beverage you enjoy that’s named for a place?
Manhattan clam chowder – nothing better… and it’s got to be good quality restaurant-made stuff, not the canned crap. And especially served with fresh hot sourdough bread. Oh. My. Goodness. Now I”m hungry!
7. Do you need solitude?
Yep – not all the time, not even regularly, but every once in a while yes, I need some quiet… doesn’t happen very often, I”ll admit.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, question #6 and question #1 intervened and brought me to this list: Where is the best burrito in the United States! Desert cities, awesome food… Duane and I have had a Mexican dinner by which we measure all other Mexican restaurants – La Fondas in Flagstaff, Arizona. And for some reason this list doesn’t have them on there… but here you go, those of you who live elsewhere in the country! http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-50-best-burritos-in-america-2016/ss-BBwv4Gd?ocid=sf#image=1