Summertime – and the living is easy – well, relatively speaking anyway! Join us on the Hodgepodge – if you are reading this, please leave me a message below I love it!) and click on the link below to see what others are saying in their own Hodgepodge worlds!
1. It’s officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?
I love June – summer is just starting, kids are on vacation, and where we live (by the beach in southern California) the weather can actually be overcast and cloudy some days (sorry guys, you want the gorgeous sunsets you’ve got to come in the fall). Also, the tourists haven’t taken over the city yet!
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?
Yes I can swim, I took lessons as a kid. Wouldn’t say I’m a strong swimmer… but I can keep my head above water!
Living by the beach, it’s a requirement to have multiple sunglasses! It’s actually hard for me to find sunglasses that look good on me – right now I’m in aviators, I think I have two or three pair – but just the cheepos you get at Target. Which makes it not such a big deal when they inevitable get lost/broken. One of these days I should get myself a decent pair… but then I’ll be REALLY sad when they inevitably get lost/broken/scratched. So, I’ll stick with Target.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?
My ability to communicate clearly – and I hold others to a pretty high standard as well. I can’t stand narcissism… makes me want to kick the shins of the one who is so completely self absorbed.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What’s a road (literal or figurative) you’ve always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?
So, this is my home town of Arcadia, CA. (though I’ll admit I don’t ever remember seeing colors THIS vibrant in the fall – can you say computer imaging?) But the mountains, those are my San Gabriels. See the trees on top? Yeah, I always wanted to hike up to those. I have no idea how to get there… but I still think it would be really cool!
(And in case you think the mountain outline looks familiar, yep, the San Gabriels are what the helicopters flew over during the opening scenes of MASH. I watch that show and get homesick.)
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what’s your favorite flavor?
Um, YAY! Love good ‘ol Otter Pops, blue flavor please!
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what’s involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what’s Brexit) Is this news you’ll follow or is it something you think won’t impact your life in any way shape or form?
10. Complete 10. In the words of one of my co-workers, “A lot of horrible things have happened in Europe in the past 100 years. This is not one of them.”
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
I am LOVING the entire “Walking in Between” album by Ben Rector right now. Seriously, love the lyrics, the melodies, find myself humming them throughout the day. Go ahead, get on ITunes and download the entire album right now. You won’t be sorry. Perfect music for when you are relaxing in your backyard after a long day, with a cold glass of wine in hand, on the rocking bench as the evening breeze wafts over you. Just saying. Bliss.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, in August our kiddos (all three of them) will be away at a church camp for 5 days. The hubs and I are debating – during this time should we take a 3-day cruise down to Mexico? Just stay home? Do a Bed and breakfast somewhere locally? Our finances are still trying to recover from buying the house, getting the business reestablished, etc. But we also haven’t had a vacation together, just the two of us, alone, in 19 years. But we need to be fiscally responsible. Hmmm… thoughts?