1. What’s the last thing you did that could be described as ‘taxing’?
y’all – we have a HOUSE! We are trying to unpack, figure out where things go, build a wall so our kiddo can have his own room, negotiate with roofing repairs, getting lights installed… oy! It’s crazy – we feel a little like we are in The Money Pit (remember, the Tom Hanks movie?) – but, it’s totally worth it. The place is OURS, and that’s all that matters!
2. If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
I would love a cutting garden – you know, one filled with flowers of all kinds that I can cut for arrangements but not leave the garden looking decimated after doing so.
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week…will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What’s one title on your want-to-read list?
I was just at the library last week, when I realized my hubby had packed my library book, and I got the “it’s due in 2 days” notice! Yep, renew! Hubs found the book, and I’m back to try to read it! (Kinda wish I had it during our vacation last week, but that’s ok)
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to ‘just in case’?
“If you make an ugly face and the wind blows, your face will stay that way.”
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What’s a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
Um, love them ALL! My favorite dish, off the top of my head, is angel hair pasta cooked in a sauce of garlic, onions, capers, and white wine. Yummo.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to possess in order to be viewed as mature?
In answer to the first question, it is really different with every person.
The definition of “nurture” is “the process of caring for and encouraging the growth or development of someone or something”
The definition of “indulging” is “
So yeah… different depending on the person and/or situation. Especially when raising a child, you realize that to truly nurture someone means that you don’t indulge them… You hold them accountable for their actions. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I will occasionally indulge my kids, simply because I’m exhausted, it has been a rough day, whatever… but as a whole I hope that I’ve done more nurturing and less indulging/spoiling.
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
OK, I’m going to go with the first person that came to mind, and that’s the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I just love her – she’s so real, so fun, and while her recipes may not be diet friendly, oh-my-lanta they are SO good!
8. Insert your own random thought here
Seriously, y’all… we got the phone call that our escrow had closed. 15 minutes later my husband called from upstairs “HON! The toilet is LEAKING!” Yep, had a plumber at our house until 9:30 that night. The first night in our house… Oy joy. We have now been in the house a week and we have a roof leak, a broken shower, a broken bathroom cabinet, and all we can do is laugh maniacally and quote the “money pit” movie! BUT… it’s ours… no more narcissistic landlords, any investment we make into this property are done under our permission and to our benefit… it’s a good feeling. It’s good.