Hey friends! Welcome to my weekly Hodgepodge – what a fun little group of people participate each week. It’s a fun creative discipline for me each week… thanks for joining in!
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you’re looking forward to on your November calendar?
My get-spoiled-with-spa-days-and-wine-tastings by my awesome-sauce Sister-in-law next weekend!!!!! Look at where she is taking me!!! Can you say “Sally is counting the days?”
Why yes. yes you can.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
To my husband. Because he’s awesome.
3. Of the breads listed, which one’s your favorite…bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Sourdough! San Luis Rey brand, please… lightly toasted with Havarti cheese, preferably served with a glass of crisp cold Chardonnay. Bliss.
4. What’s something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Stress. And no, no it’s not. Sigh.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who’s your favorite redhead?
I actually squealed when I read this question! My favorite redheads are my two grandmas! Grandma Claires (for which my daughter is named after), and my Granny Margaret (for which our baby that we lost was going to be named after) I love my red-headed grandmas! My Grandma Claries passed away when I was a teenager, but my Granny Margaret is still alive and kicking – going to be 98 this week!
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state’s #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
Um, really? Disneyland? I mean, sure… it’s the birthplace of all-things-Disney, which is cool… but I’ll admit I’m disappointed… our oceans are amazing, the redwoods are inspiring, Yosemite is unlike anything on earth… C’mob people!
7. I’m going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here’s this week’s question-What’s something you’ve learned about yourself this year that you’re grateful for?
That my hubby and I can make it through 15 months of him living 2000 miles away on a contract job, trying to provide for our family, and our marriage is as strong as ever. Truly. Amazing. Boy do I love that man.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I don’t know about you, but with my hubby’s birthday party, soccer games, potluck neighborhood party, Halloween, church, a farewell party for dear friends, and Small Group dinner… I was kinda ready for this week of “normal” school and work! Except that hubby had to fly back to Missouri today… sigh… we were both really sad this morning. I don’t care who you are, you aren’t ever USED to being apart, not when you are meant to be together.