1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you’re home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What’s your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I am definitely comfortable with silence – its when my best times with the Lord are, my best creativity, my best work is done. I will get up early in the mornings to walk and it’s just totally silent – nothing but night creatures finishing up their nighttime activities, the air is crisp and clean, people just starting their commute… My favorite time to find silence is at the beach. But – that being said, I do like some background music when I’m working. If it is technical work, it’s got to be classical music that has no lyrics. If I’m doing housework, it’s got to be 80s hair bands to jam out to.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can’t let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let’s say you can have one of the following right this very minute… a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie…what’s your pleasure?
I had no idea that tomorrow is National Chocolate Day! I wonder if that is why I was craving chocolate so badly today… (No fear, I found a Trader joes peanut butter cup in my desk!)… My choice right this minute would be a bowl of chocolate ice cream. yum!
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don’t own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I love blue jeans! My favorites are a pair I got from Stitch Fix, by Mavi – stupidly expensive, but ohmylanta, SO comfy and stretchy! I wear them at least once a week, sometimes twice! I have not owned a blue jean jacket since I was in high school in the 80s.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
No. Knock on wood.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
As in, right here in my room? Umm, maybe I could do a toga with my white fluffy blanket. Or be a tipsy housewife with my glass of wine! 🙂
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
What scares me a little, honestly, is some of the different characters that come into my office from the streets. Sometimes they are under the influence, or have clear mental illness. I worry about them being violent. There was a group that came in yesterday and they made me so nervous I walked to the back to get our maintenance guy, just for a big male presence. So that’s what I do when I’m scared. I also pray. And at work, I also do have a canister of pepper spray. Just in case. Thankfully I’ve not had to use it, yet.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
Get my project complete at work… oy…
8. Insert your own random thought here
Can I just say how much I love hearing my hubby discuss weighty life topics with our elder teen? It’s pretty darn cool… not only because I can hear how my son’s thinking and reasoning is developing, but also because For the Love Of Pete, I don’t have to be the one involved in this discussion! (Let me just say its really nice having my hubby home for a week or so right now!)