1. What have you ‘fallen for’ recently?
I bought Pumpkin Spice Eggo waffles at the store the other day – Did you hear that people? PUMPKIN SPICE EGGOS!!! I got them last year and they are SO good, and I was excited to see it was officially fall when I saw them! But… I’m on a diet right now, so I can’t have them… but they are in the freezer, waiting for me to have them (in moderation of course!)
2. What’s something you’re ‘squirreling away‘ for later?
Um, see the answer above! 🙂
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall…how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What’s your favorite variety?
4. According to Fodor’s the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
Oh wow… I would love to visit ANY of them! I love Aspen, and the Great Smoky Mountains… but for this year I’d have to go with the Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, simply because it’s closest to where my heart is living right now…
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let’s wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I don’t agree with it being legalized for recreational use, but I agree that it should be legalized for medicinal use. I have friends who have only found relief from their intolerable pain (caused by cancer, MS, etc) by the use of marijuana. In that circumstance, it absolutely should be easily accessible, not having to go through shady drug dealers!
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?
The only time I’m ok to watch a movie already in progress is when it’s some action mumbo jumbo my boys are watching – I mean really, there’s not normally a deep story or plot to get into there – but otherwise, nope, gotta start from the beginning! Same things with a TV series – you miss out on all of the character development and plot lines if you start halfway!
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
The rule that drives me crazy is when people misuse apostrophes… like the one I saw in my doctor’s office the other day on a handwritten sign that said “Sample’s here” – AUGH! I so wanted to correct it…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Ever have days like this? (#1) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/funniest-someecards-of-the-week_n_5008403.html