1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
Not very exciting, but this afternoon when my Little C came home he asked if we could go get his trumpet today – so we did. I had stayed home from work today with a bad head cold, so didn’t REALLY feel like going out, but we went… and the look on his face was so excited, it made it all worth it.
2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
I am SO not informed about it… I really need to understand more about it. But all countries need to band together to help with whatever means possible. The images being shown are heartbreaking – and no matter what you feel about someone’s politics or religion, we are called to love first.
3. What have you changed your mind about?
Exercise. Losing weight. I need to do them both. Bleh. But, I need to.
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it’s way into the pool trap this weekend. If you’d been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
No way, Jose’, would I have been the one to fish it out. Nor would I have gone running, nor pretended not to know, and I CERTAINLY would not have continued swimming because OH MY LANTA, CAN YOU EVEN… – but I certainly would have called for help, then I would have been the designated “lets keep everyone away while the handsome young lifeguard does his thing by disposing of the reptile” helper.
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day…what’s your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!)
Chicken pot pies. Yum.
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, “Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other.” Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What’s the second greatest virtue?
Um… it’s almost midnight here… and I have a head cold… so I’m just going to say “Wow, that’s a cool quote, and I’d love to debate its merits and faults, but some other time when it is not midnight and I don’t have a head full of mucus.”
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
I’m actually a pretty good speller… but trying when to use “stationery” vs “stationary” always makes me pause! Does that count?
8. Insert your own random thought here.