“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and SNAP! The job’s a game!” (Good ‘ol Mary Poppins!) Welcome to today’s game, friends… hop on over to Joyce’s page by clicking the link below and join in on the fun! Please leave me a comment, letting me know you’ve stopped by (I’m SUCH a sucker for comments!) Have a great day!
1. It’s hard to believe, but next week’s Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What’s one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
Well, school started yesterday for my kiddos, so I kinda feel like summer is over. We didn’t really get a vacation this summer though, so I’m looking forward to taking the kids up to a friend’s cabin over Labor Day weekend. It will be nice to get away, even though my hubby won’t be able to join us. 😦
2. When were you last at ‘your wit’s end’?
When we were selling our house in North Carolina a couple of months ago – I’m in California, my hubby was in Missouri, the house is in NC, and the buyers were in Japan. There were documents that all had to be notarized, incompetent lawyers messing up their instructions, UPS losing precious documents… Night. Mare.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into ‘the deep end‘?
Oh, probably with heading up the new church directory, I’ve been in the “deep end” a bit – it has been a definite test of my organization and editing skills, trying to be sure everything is done correctly.
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
I won’t say that this is an excuse for bad behavior, but in circumstances where one’s life is in danger, then yes.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
Mice, rats, snakes. *insert full body shudder*
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it’s a feed your brain so you’re less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
I love coconut, and anything coconut always puts me in a good mood! The best is a dark chocolate bar made by Cocoa Parlor, called Surfer Girl 56 – it’s organic vegan dark chocolate WITH coconut and pineapple pieces in it that I had at my girlfriend’s house a while ago – oh. my. lanta. It was SO good, and yes, my mood was much improved after eating it!
Swiss chard? Not much love there… would definitely make me cranky.
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is ‘no end in sight’?
My scrapbooks. I have not worked on them in FOREVER. And I feel really bad about it – especially with my Little C. He’s not so little anymore, and I was reminded yesterday when my Big C started his first day of his senior year, just how quickly life passes you by. I wish I knew how I was going to get the albums done… but I don’t have an answer for that yet.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of starting school, here is a picture from yesterday – my Big C on his first day of kindergarten back in 2003, next to a picture of him on his first day of his senior year. Be still my heart.