1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
The last time we relocated was on March 1 – and we just moved 12 houses down! We didn’t use professional movers, in fact we literally just rolled our appliances and such down the street. (My husband was very wise and had the piano and china hutch all moved before I got home from work… otherwise I would have been the one having a heart attack as I saw them roll down the road!)
Definitely my least favorite part of moving is feeling like I ‘Belong” in our new place… figuring out who my hairdresser will be, who my dentist will be, where to shop, who my friends will be, what activities are available, what church to join… all the things that make up your community… starting over.
2. When were you last ‘moved to tears’? Explain.
Last week in church. It’s just were God meets you sometimes and whispers… and you listen.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car…any forbidden foods? What’s the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
5. What’s your most frequently visited drive-thru…Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
Honestly I don’t do a lot of drive-thus… do gas stations count? Getting my car washed at Costco? I guess those would be the most visited…
6. “He who hesitates is lost”…would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the ‘lost’ category?
Yes, there have been many times when I didn’t act and then have regretted it – whether it was a purchase of something unique, saying something to someone, etc. I generally go with my gut and act quickly, but I would like to think that I’ve also learned when NOT to rush into something.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Hmmm… I don’t remember the last time I got lost. Well, maybe for a few minutes last week when Big C and I were trying to find our way around University of California, Irvine campus. But with GPS and our phones now, we aren’t lost for long. it’s a nice feeling. Not too stressful…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So the major project I have been working on for our church the last 5 months is almost complete! Do you HEAR the angels singing? Because I’m pretty sure I do! I may go skipping down the halls once it’s all submitted! Phew! And my in-laws are coming for a visit this weekend, and my hubby is coming out too, so this yucky summer cold I have right now can just GO AWAY please! (Thank goodness for antibiotics!) And on that note, I’m off to bed. Happy Hodgepodge, friends!