1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you’re not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
My favorite thing about the day is the patriotism! The flags, the Sousa marches, the military ceremonies. Being a military spouse made me appreciate it all so much more. I love just being with my family too – this year my parents are going to come down and we will barbecue and then go see the fireworks over the beach. And yes, we fly a flag – proudly!
2. What’s something you recently got for free?
A Starbucks french press!
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore…how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I’ve seen the Statue of Liberty and The Washington Monument.
My favorite monument is the Lincoln Memorial – so awe inspiring.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they’ve perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I think I’m somewhere in the middle – would that make me an osterog? – I try to be aware of what is going on, but quite honestly, I don’t spend a lot of time or energy on events overseas. Is that bad? I do so wish that we DID spend more time on the acts of terror and standing up for what is right than some of the other nonsense our media deems important.
5. We’re talking plain ice cream…vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
Strawberry please – with chunks of real strawberries in it. Yummy…
6. Share a song you love containing the word ‘stars’ in the lyrics or title?
Starry Starry Night…
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
June has gone by SO fast, and this summer is going to be a strange one, a different schedule every week, no family vacation to speak of, D still in St Louis until the kids are back in school, on top of beginning college applications for my Big C, work changes, etc. etc. etc. (And you HAVE to do your best Yule Brenner imitation from “The King and I” as you read that last part)
So – here’s my acrostic:
J – Jumping from work to home to soccer and back again, Juggling kids chores and schedules
U- Until I finally say “STOP!
N- Needing restoration for my soul, finding it in Bible study, walks on the beach, or coffee at Starbucks
E – Energized now, come on July, BRING IT!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
ummm… my hubby is coming home for 10 days! No more random thoughts needed! 🙂