Hey there! Thanks for stopping in for a quick Hodgepodge – this is Vacation Bible school week at our church, which means I’m currently running on caffeine! It’s craziness, but oh, so much fun. On with the Hodgepodge!
1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What’s your favorite something pink?
I’ve got a soft pink super soft boyfriend t-shirt from Target that I love because, well, it’s super soft!
(And affordable too – win win!)
2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?
I don’t think the words “enjoy” would ever cross my mind in regard to a school gym class… but if I have to pick a moment…
OK, I’ll be honest – the most fun (and for some reason I was JUST thinking about this yesterday… I have no idea why)
was when we would all do butterfly extensions while screaming at the top of our lungs
“We MUST, We MUST, We MUST increase our BUST!
The bigger the better, the tighter the sweater, the more the boys will like US!”
Therefore setting back the women’s lib movement 50 years.
Gloria Steinem would be so proud.
3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
My mom’s garden.
4. Do you prefer to read or write?
I love them both… I want to write more, but have more time to read (and barely that, lately)
5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, ‘Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.’Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?
Oh sure – there are appropriate times and places for taking it easy, not being so crazy busy, and I certainly think that summer begs to be enjoyed. I will be “lazy” by allowing myself to take some personal days off work to just play with my family.
6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast…which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?
I would love to go to the Florida Keys and go snorkeling!
7. What question do you hate to answer?
“So when is your husband coming home for good? Oh, two months? Wow the year has gone by quick!”
I kinda want to kick people in the shins when they ask/say that. The year has NOT gone by quickly, it has been hard.. much harder than any military deployment, for so many reasons. And when he does come home, our job is still not secure and there is a lot of uncertainty about the future business. I know people mean well… but it’s a little annoying sometimes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
No random thoughts.
Playing the role of “Coach Sally” during VBS is so much fun, but boy, next year I’m doing a 30 day cleanse and energy boost before VBS! This chick isn’t as young as she used to be!
But I wouldn’t miss it for the world! 🙂
Hope you are having a great week, no matter where you are!