1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns?
No specific plans, but we have a new basketball hoop outside (thanks Mom and Dad!) and it is really fun playing outside with the kids and all of the kids in the neighborhood every evening! The weather has been really gloomy and overcast lately, but I’m hoping to spend some time walking on the beach soon!
2. What’s a current hot button issue for you?
I don’t know if I would call it a “current” hot button issue – I’m kinda nuts about good customer service.
3. What’s a food or treat that ‘disappears like hotcakes’ in your house?
Lucky Charms! Seriously – even if I mix them with the Cheerios to try and make them last longer, they are GONE!
4. How hot is too hot?
Oh, how badly do I want to post a picture of a really hot guy. But my hubby wouldn’t like me posting pictures of him like that! (heeheehee)
5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you?
To have an artistic outlook on life, I believe one could not take life too seriously, be able to see things from several different angles, and be open to other ways of doing things.” And yep, I think I’m like that in many ways.
6. What’s one question you’d like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father?
I’d love to ask him “What is your favorite memory of YOUR father when you were a child?” And “If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?”
7. Something you learned from your father?
Sometimes a soft word can say more than a hundred loud ones.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So the past two weeks have been crazy – Our anniversary, Prom for our Big C, Finals Week, an early Fathers Day celebration while my hubby was home, soccer championships (our Little C’s team is city champs!), we are in negotiations in selling our NC house, I took the kids to a Christian rock concert (SO fun!), and this is the last week of school… craziness! Fun, but crazy!
So yep – My son took his girlfriend to Prom – it was so sweet! We surprised them with a romantic dinner in our church’s garden (helps to be a church employee sometimes!), then I drove them to and from the prom in our decked-out minivan – twinkle lights, sparkling cider, table in the back with nuts and mints, a special playlist made just for the evening… so fun! Here the cute couple is in the garden:
Too sweet. And they were SO surprised! It made for a very special evening for them.