1. Did you do anything ‘memorable’ this past weekend?
Well, THIS GUY came into town a week early, surprising the kiddos and I! (OK, he actually told me the day before, but STILL!) Woot Woot! So we had an awesome weekend of family time, playing on the beach, kayaking, paddle boarding, watching movies, worshipping together in church, grilling out, etc. etc. etc. Quite memorable…
Isn’t he cute? 🙂
Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you’re a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?
Being a military spouse for 14 years will certainly bring it home as to what your freedoms cost, and what those in the military sacrifice, for our freedoms, which we take for granted. And, let me just say… there are sacrifices eternal, as in giving your lives, but there are others who are changed forever, mentally, physically, emotionally… those are sacrifices that are given for our freedoms that aren’t always acknowledged.
But that is why we support our military. Why we support our misisonaries, free trade and human trafficking initiatives, etc. We as Americans have it so, so good. We have no idea.
3. Loudest noise you’ve ever heard?
The sound of freedom, baby! 🙂 (and also, the sexiest jet ever… just saying…)
4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered ‘junk food’? Did you enjoy it?
I honestly don’t ever eat junk food… but does the Tiramisu from our local Italian restaurant count? Yes? Then ok… yes, it was absolutely delicious. Yummy…..
5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt ‘packed in like sardines’?
Ugh – thankfully I can’t remember the last time that I was in a place that crowded! I get SO claustrophobic in situations like that…
6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?
I tend to be last minute, but I like carry-on only if possible… depends on the length of the trip.
7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?
The Angels game last summer. Our team won. Yay! (Hey, I live in Orange County now, I guess I’d better care – though a big part of me is still partial to my LA Dodgers – right Papa?!)
8. Insert your own random thought here…
Your mid-week funny! Dogs who fail at being dogs…