Happy Tax Day – Happy First Hodgepodge on my new blog – not something I was anticipating, but that’s just how it goes sometimes. But, since I have to leave in, oh, 45 minutes for work, I’d best be getting on with our hodgepodge! Follow the link below to see what other Hodgepodgers are chatting about, or play along on your own blog! Either way, please let me know that you’ve stopped by! have a great day, friends!
1. Speaking of April 15th…what’s the most ‘taxing’ thing you’ve done recently?
Ha! Yesterday, i would have said traveling back and forth to St Louis last week with my Little C to visit my hubby. We had a great trip, but man, the airlines have sucked the joy out of traveling. But then i discovered last night that my Google accounts had been hacked, thus blocking me from posting on my blogs. Grrr… So I have just spent the last hour creating this new blog site. Annoying, really. But maybe it will turn out to be better! (But please bear with me as I try to figure out the ins and outs of this new blog site – surely I’ll have pictures in all the wrong places. Such an adventure.)
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
I don’t remember the last time I took a taxi… my dear friend drove us to and from the airport, but I don’t think that counts!
3. What’s something you can do today that you couldn’t do a year ago?
Maneuver an excel spreadsheet. Still not my favorite thing, but I’m learning!
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight…a chicken salad sandwich, your mom’s fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel’s chicken n’ dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or ‘hold the chicken, I’m a vegetarian‘…?
We have chicken at least once a week, sometimes more. I love its versatility, and the protein and low fat content. I do love a good chicken salad, and I love Chick-fil-a, though we don’t have one close by here, sadly.
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
My favorite television program when I was little was Mr Rogers Neighborhood. His calm, sweet voice and gentle demeanor were so soothing! I also loved Sesame Street and the Mickey Mouse Club!
6. What was the last piece of ‘art’ you made?
Sadly, i can’t remember this one either… I suppose creating a flyer promoting our new church directory doesn’t really count…
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
Ugh! See my comment in question #1! Darn hackers…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Like I mentioned, our Little C and I flew to St Louis to visit my hubby for a few days. My Big C was in Mexico on a mission trip, and Middle C went to Palm Springs with a couple of girlfriends and their moms. So we were all spread out! Little C and I had an awesome time – aside from a few travel hassles, like sitting for an hour on the jetway with no explanation or apology from the captain or crew, watching our connecting flight take off while we were still in the air… oy… but once we got to St Louis it was wonderful! Movies, science center, hikes around the lake, zoo, visiting with good friends, it was a fantastic few days together! Here are some of my highlight photos…
Little C and I in the airport – 0-dark-hundred in the morning!
Nothing sweeter than a father and son..
Adventures at the Magic House – a children’s science center. SO cool!